Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Rise And Fall Of The Third Reich







The best history book I have read so far.


The book is monumental with over 1100 pages but it seems interesting in every page. Honestly, I haven't finished it, only at page 200th something but I think this is one of the few books that big that I could finish. I hope to finish it during this summer. It's informative, insightful, passionate yet fair, accessible, comprehensive, shocking, interesting, entertaining and almost like a novel. If you want to read one book about World War II or Nazy Germany, this is the definite one. If you want to understand how average decent men and women could be disastrously morally corrupted and how a great nation could commit such terrible crimes, this book should be your choice.

I picked it up by chance from my mostly unread bookself and have been totally absorbed by it.

Link at Amazon

No comments: